Polycount-Unity Connect Contest Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ANY TEAM’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Polycount-Unity Connect Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Unity Technologies ApS, who is identified in more detail in Provision 11 herein (the “Sponsor” or “Unity”).
Duration. The Contest begins at Saturday, November 18, 2016 at 12:01AM PST (the “Start Date”) and ends on Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 12:10AM PST (the “Deadline”).
ENTRY. Unity is looking to see what you can do on Unity Connect.
Steps. To create an entry, you must:
- Create a profile on Unity Connect and complete it to a minimum of 80% completion
Create a Unity related “Project” which is defined as follows:
- Anything from concept-art for a game to a completed game which highlights one of the following three categories: (1) 2D; (2) 3D; or (3)VR (each a “Category” and together the “Categories”;
- Contain screenshots, videos, or Sketchfab with your description for each item (individually a “Showcase Item” and together the “Showcase” or “Gallery”);
- One of the Showcase Items in your Showcase must be the following 1024x1024 Polycount-Unity Contest
Upload the Project to Unity Connect and include the tag appropriate to the Category to which you are focusing:
- “#polycount-2D” for a 2D Project
- “#polycount-3D” for a 3D Project
- “#polycount-VR” for a VR Project
- You must have access to Unity Connect.
- The Project may be captured using the capture and editing tools of your choice.
- The Project must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Project must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Project must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those of the Unity Connect universe;
- The Project must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Project must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Project must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Project is created.
- Projects that comply with the Sections 2A, 2B, and 2C will be referred to as an “Entry” or “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
Eligible. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have an active Unity Connect account, Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer;
- Not have won a prize from Unity within the last twelve (12) months; and
- This Contest is open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Quebec, Canada, Brazil and Italy. Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
B) Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
SELECTION OF WINNERS.
Determination of Winning Entries. The winning entries will be determined as follows:
- The Eligible Entry receiving the highest number of “likes” from the Unity Connect community across all three categories shall be deemed the “Grand Prize Winner”; and the eligible Entry receiving the highest number of “likes” from the Unity Connect community in each of the Categories shall each be deemed a “Category Winner”. The Grand Prize Winner and each Category Winner shall each be a “Winner” and together the “Winners”.
- In the unlikely event of a tie, 3 members of the Unity Connect Team, chosen at Unity’s sole discretion, shall award such tied Entries a number of points based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-60 points for creativity; 0-20 points for originality; and 0-20 points for novelty.
- The tied Entry with the highest score based upon the above criteria shall be awarded the applicable prize.
Odds of Winning. ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED
Notification to Winners. The Winners and will be contacted via email submitted with their Unity Connect Profile and may be announces at Unity’s discretion via Unity’s Twitter (https://twitter.com/unity3d) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/unity3d/) , Blog (https://blogs.unity3d.com/), or Website (https://unity3d.com/).
- Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner shall receive: (Estimated Total Grand Prize Value: US$2899.00)
- 1 (one) HTC Vive (Estimated Value of US$799.00);
- 1 (one) 12 (twelve) month subscription to Unity Pro (Estimated Value of US$1500.00);
- 1 (one) Unity swag bundle+ [1 (one) each of Unity Tote Bag + Unity Playing Cards + Unity Beanie + Unity Backpack + Unity Water Bottle + Unity Zip-Up Hoody] (Estimated Value of US$150.00);
- Marmoset Toolkit License (Estimated Value of US$150.00); and
- Allegorithmic Indie Substance Pack (Estimated Value of US$300.00).
Category Prize: Each Category Winner shall receive: (Estimated Total Value for each Category Prize: US$1800.00)
- 1 (one) 12 (twelve) month subscription to Unity Pro (Estimated Value of US$1500.00);
- 1 (one) Unity swag bundle consisting of 1 (one) each of: Unity Tote Bag + Unity Playing Cards + Unity Beanie + Unity Backpack + Unity Water Bottle + Unity Zip-Up Hoody] (Estimated Value of US$150.00); and
- Marmoset Toolkit License (Estimated Value of US$150.00).
- Estimated Total Prize package value: US$???
- Winners will be contacted via the email submitted with their Unity Connect profile and Project within 7 days of the Deadline. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond as directed within seven (7) days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
- The prizes will be awarded to the Winners within a commercially reasonable time frame. Receipt and use of the prizes will require a personal computer, email, and the internet. All prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions of the prizes for cash or other goods and services are permitted by the Winners. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value for any reason.
- All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
- Winners may have their Entries and names posted on all Unity media channels, including, without limitation, within Unity’s Website (https://unity3d.com), Unity’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/unity3d/), Unity’s Twitter page (https://twitter.com/unity3d?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor), and the Unity Blog (https://blogs.unity3d.com/) Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Winners hereby give Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, and Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prize, the Contest, or Unity, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, Unity or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to such Winners other than that set out herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Winners will be given an opportunity to decline inclusion in such advertising and promotions without affecting their eligibility to the prizes.
- Winners may be required to complete and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim prizes.
- Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
You represent and warrant that your entry is:
- Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
- Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an entry.
You agree to:
- Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by email; and
- Sign any requested documentation set forth in Provision 5 herein including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that you are a Winner.
- You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California.
- Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability; any incorrect or inaccurate account information; any incorrect or inaccurate achievement information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, accounts.
- False, fraudulent or deceptive acts shall render you ineligible.
- Players found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
- If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate your eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other Contest run by Sponsor.
- In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper participation in the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select Winners from participants’ accounts that can be determined by Sponsor to have not been compromised.
- All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:
- By entering this contest, , you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory; and
- You release the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
- You acknowledge that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
- By entering this Contest, you agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as a potential Winner and for prize delivery.
- If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise their right to access and modify the personal information about them stored by Sponsor by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing their request.
- WINNERS LIST. A list of Winners will be posted on the Unity Connect Blog no later than 2 weeks after the Deadline. A list of Winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Unity Technologies SF, ATTN: Connect Team, Vendersgade 28, DK-1363 Copenhagen, Denmark. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
- SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
- SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Unity Technologies APS, a Danish corporation having its principal place of business at Vendersgade 28, DK-1363 Copenhagen, Denmark, on behalf of itself and its Affiliates. As used herein, the term “Affiliates” shall mean an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Unity Technologies ApS.
© 2016 Unity Technologies. Unity Technologies ApS, Unity Technologies, Unity and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies SF or its Affiliates. All rights reserved.