Hi UnityTeam members, I need your help in solving an image pixelation issue that we are facing in our game development. This is happening after I do the following steps in unity 2018.3.7f1:
1. In build settings changed to iOS module
2. Image settings: applied default RGBA compressed PVRTC 4 Bits for iOS
3. Packed the image in either sprite packer or sprite atlas.
4. In runtime and on the iOS device the pixelation of the image happens.
I did the following test and the image is rendered perfectly:
1. Disabled unity sprite packing the pixelation doesn't happen.
2. If we override the compression format to RGBA 32 bit for IOS and sprite pack it there is no image pixelation.
But we want to use PVRTC compression format with Unity texture packer as it greatly improves the performance of the game.
Is there any bug or setting we have to do when we try to use both sprite packer and RGBA compressed PVRTC 4 Bits? If somebody can help us in solving us this issue, we will be very grateful.