Unity package for simulation and rendering of volumetric fluids, made as a part of my master's thesis on Gdańsk University of Technology.
Simulation is performed in parallel with Unity's built-in Compute Shaders or (alternatively) OpenCL. Rendering is performed with raymarching technique.
- includes smoke and fire simulation
- customizable 3D texture size
- adjustable fluid properties
- multiple fluid spawners available in one simulation space
- volume shading (multiple lights)
- voxelization of meshes (usable as spawners or obstacles)
Video was recorded in real time. Performance depends on many factors, but GTX 970 can usually achieve about 50 FPS.
Voxelization is based on script made by Vincenzo Giovanni Comito:
Third party assets used in video:
SciFi Handlight Free: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/53498
Unity Standard Assets: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32351