The Unity Engine is not limited just to two axes and neither should Tiles! Tileshop is a high performance Tile Editor that feels native to the Unity Editor. Supporting both 2D and 3D tiles, mesh and collider optimization by default, multi-threaded, and available at run-time! for your own game projects!!
Complete freedom to position, scale, and even rotate a Tile Layer anywhere in 3D space. Paint Tiles from any angle, scale, or position and allow the editor to place the correct type of tile. Drastically reduce production time in all stages of level design. From prototyping to the final product, easily create, edit and manage levels.
Build-in Editing features such as:
• Tile Preview (Shows a preview of the tile before its placed)
• Tile Grid (optimized for performance)
• Tile Highlighting
• And more!
• Tileshop package now has source code instead of .dll files
• New Website
• Mesh and Colliders generating is now offloaded on worker threads by default (multi-threaded)
• Completely thread safe
• Look-up times drastically decreased
• Improved the best fit algorithm
• Serialization classes for Tile Layers and Tile Groups (ready for json or any other serialization method you use)
• Visual Assistance (No longer a CPU hog & is available at run-time)
• Layer Sorting / Ordering
• Undo functionality run-time ready
• Tile Groups can now belong to a 'cluster' (more on that later, its just a better way to link groups together)
• Tile Stamps can now be rotated/flipped before placing
• Tiles will now also preview before you actually paint them (this can be turned disabled)
• Tile Layers, or Groups can be isolated or focused (it overrides the Sorting Order temporarily and brings the Tile Group you are working on to the front) [Can also be disabled]
• Rebuilding impact on project reduced from ~0.75s to <0.1s
• Update the Tile 'highlighting graphic'
• New Toolbar UI
• New Settings window
• Serializing code for Tileshop 1.98.2
I will be using Tileshop in developing my own game. As I delve further into development I'll be adding and tweaking features to further improve Tileshop.
This project page will be updated at the release of Tileshop v2.0