Polaris V2 is a user friendly terrain engine dedicated to help you create gorgeous, large scale stylized landscapes, that can run well on both Mobile and Desktop applications, save you a lot of time and effort!
Polaris V2 is the first stylized terrain terrain engine to use GPU technologies for generation, which enable multi-terrains editing and real-time live preview.
Polaris V2 let you work with traditional sculpting method or the modern procedural workflow, or somewhere in between.
- Super easy to learn: No more guessing works thank to Live Preview, in depth document, or even ask and answer right in the editor in less than a second!
- GPU Accelerated: perform heavy tasks on GPU side which consume less memory and provide smoother experience, enable multi-terrains editing and real-time live preview!
- Modern & easy to use toolbox: familiar terrain tools you can easily find in other engines like Painters (more than 12 types of them!), Spline (road, ramp, river, etc.), Stampers (procedural sculpting, texturing & spawning), Billboard editor (create billboard assets), and some unique tool like Group tool & Backup tool. More coming!
- Advanced geometry generation: Speed up your scene with dynamic mesh wireframing, multiple levels of detail (up to 4 levels), Unity Navigation System compatible; more interesting geometry with cross-tiles matching, XZ plane displacement and terrain holes.
- Massive foliage rendering: Dense forest rendered within a blink of the eyes, with no Game Object overhead, support for GPU Instancing, billboard rendering & grass wind animation.
- Various shading styles: From Lambert, Blinn Phong to Physical Based; from Gradient Lookup, Color map to Splats; whatever!
- Support for LWRP: easy to upgrade to LWRP with shaders already provided. HDRP coming soon!
- Easy to migrate from other tools: Achieve beautiful worlds from existing ones created using Gaia, Map Magic, Terrain Composer, etc. in a few clicks away. Support for various data types, from Unity built-in terrain, RAW files, to other kind of textures, etc.
Polaris V1 and Polaris V2 are different systems serve for different purposes and scales. Data from V1 can be imported to V2.