Magic Markers is an editor extension for attaching procedurally-generated marker meshes to any GameObject or prefab. The 3D markers are visible and selectable in the Scene View of Unity during editing. Unlike 2D "billboard" icons, the Magic Markers are easy to visualize within the world space of your scene.
Magic Markers may optionally be enabled for rendering in-game at runtime. Although this is intended primarily for testing and debugging purposes, the runtime feature can be used for special cases such as quest targets or “points of interest” on a level map or mini-map.
Magic Markers are great for making invisible game objects visible to programmers, level designers, and play testers, or to players and modders for games with runtime level editing.
* Player and NPC Spawn Points
* Patrol Way-Points
* Designer To-Do Placeholders
* Visible Mini-Map Markers
* Scene and Game Manager Objects
* Origins for Procedural Geometry
* Empty parent GameObjects for Prefabs
* Quest Destinations and Targets
* Mark Particle and Sound Effect Emitters
* Self-Identify Object with Runtime Error
* Crafting Station & Furniture Markers
* Teleport or Scene Load Destinations
* 3D Replacements for Unity Gizmos
* Procedural geometry and appearance; no texture files required.
* Select “invisible” objects directly in Scene view; no more clicking similarly-named objects one by one in the Hierarchy to find the one you want to edit.