The Prometheus Secret: Noohra is an exciting and unique single player 2.5D physics platformer and CCG combined. The game is currently in development by a solo Indie developer over the past 3 years. The game contains some elements of puzzle, RPG and a fast paced card boss battler.
ABOUT THE GAME
The Prometheus Secret: Noohra is a unique single player 2.5D physics platformer and addictive CCG combined. This exciting new game is currently in development by a solo Indie developer over the past two and a half years. The game contains some elements of puzzle, RPG and a fast paced card boss battler.
The battle between light and darkness plays a major role in not only in the story but also in the mood and design of the game. The player first discovers and then is led by a fire orb filled with a powerful light known as Noohra. Each defeat has multiple consequences as the player though as they are consumed by darkness and their soul begins to slide down 7 levels along the path of corruption. The more corrupt the soul the more chance the player will have of gaining a negative dark trait will empower the enemy more during battles. The orb will start to lose light which makes it difficult for the player to spot required token signs, there is also the loss of health which is required for boss battles. The players XP will start to leak every 10 seconds by the amount of lost Noohra and lastly the player loses coins from their purse. Keeping the or filled with Noohra will be crucial for the player to progress within the game.
The token management system replaces a typical inventory and allows the player to make important decisions to gain as much game advantage by upgrading, trading, unlocking and earning coins. Additional player profile characters can be unlocked from different time periods, each scaling up to provide more base health for the player.
The physics platform side of the game delivers some unique elements by doing away with the typical jump and physical player control over the fire orb during gameplay. The player instead relies on placement, weight, gravity and timing coupled with the orb's three abilities to maneuver through stages and reaching the portal. The platform stages support the CCG element by allowing the player to achieve tokens, scrolls, health and cards which are needed if the player wants to be competitive during the card boss battles. Players will find replay ability on platform stages after orb ability upgrades as they can then find new and unique ways of moving around the stage and gaining bigger awards.
CARD BOSS BATTLES
Boss battles are played out through the magic card system, the focus is on fast battle and simplicity and there is therefore no complicated management of card decks. Uniquely if the player does not have manna cards dealt in their hand they can decide to sacrifice a playing card in the Pool of Bethesda. This forces the player to tradeoff between having enough manna versus having adequate cards to play. One additional card can be collected on each platform stage to strengthen the deck, although the challenge will be reaching some of them. The player can additionally earn spirit scrolls and strategically string up to 4 scrolls together to enhance their fighting ability during battles. This works similar to the dark traits for the enemy where attack, defense, manna and health are increased by applying various classes of scrolls.
• Platform - various ancient worlds from different time periods, incorporating elements of physics, platform, RPG and puzzle.
• Boss Battles - fast paced magic card battle system.
• Cards - more than a 100 categorized by 3 classes.
• Orb abilities - each with multiple upgrades.
• Force Push
• Orb properties
• Noohra (light)
• Path of Corruption (soul status after each defeat)
7 - Righteous, acting in an upright, moral way; virtuous
6 - Egotistic, given to talking about oneself; vain; boastful; opinionated
5 - Self-centred, concerned solely or chiefly with one's own interests, welfare, etc.; engrossed in self; selfish; egotistical
4 - Pessimistic, tendency to expect only bad outcomes; gloomy; joyless; unhopeful
3 - Odious, Deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable
2 - Belligerent - Warlike; given to waging war
1 - Destructive, tending to destroy; causing destruction or much damage
0 - Immoral, bad, wicked, depraved
• Dark Traits (Your weaknesses will empower bosses)
• Spirit Scrolls -empowers the player in boss fights, 20 scrolls categorized by 3 classes.
• Achievements - 25 achievements to unlock.
• Feast of lighting and shadow design set in an atmospheric 2.5D perspective.
• Token Management - 20 tokens to collect, trade and unlock.
• Hero's - 3 gender pairs of heroes.
• Player experience points and levelling system.
• Place of Shadow - challenging and unlockable boss battles.
• Unlockable treasure caves for a chance to earn some big coin rewards.
• Wheels of Fortune mini game to win coins.
• Various hidden caverns.
• Awesome main theme music track composed Ian Anderson.
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECS
• OS: Windows 10 64bit
• Processor: 2.6 GHz Core i5
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 950 - 2GB dedicated video memory
• 16:9 monitor ratio
Keyboard/Mouse or Xbox gamepad