The Prometheus Secret: Noohra is an exciting and unique single player 2.5D physics platformer and CCG combined. The game is currently in development by a solo Indie developer over the past 3 years. The game contains some elements of puzzle, RPG and a fast paced card boss battler.
ABOUT THE GAME
The Prometheus Secret Noohra combines a single player 2.5D physics platformer experience with card-combat. This indie game is the labor of love of one man, created over a period of three and a half years and dedicated to all those battling their own darkness, struggling to defeat their demons and fighting the good fight one day at a time.
Noorah, Aramaic for light, along with darkness, plays a major role in the game - not only in the story, but also dictates the mood and design of the game.
As shadow, the master of deception masquerades as a light, humankind remains enslaved and wrestles against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. There is an ancient prophecy that some continue to believe in – and so, a glimpse of hope still remains. "The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined."
Following the trail of this prophecy leads you to the Mayan temple of Herros, there on the altar of skulls called Golgotha you discover the fire orb. The orb is filled with fire and a powerful light known as Noohra, you must become the light bearer a hero commissioned to bring light and truth back into the world. Without a hero the souls of humanity move toward the coldness of certain death.
CONSUMED BY SHADOW
Darkness remains infinitely deceitful and stops at nothing on its quest to destroy all that is good. The fire orb must remain filled with Noohra in order for the player to remain righteous and make any progress. Throughout the game, the player is intimidated and manipulated by darkness and it is discouraging when it seems that darkness may yet again have an unfair advantage, as each defeat will have multiple consequences.
• Path of Deeper Truths - A 7 level indicator that highlights the condition of the player's soul. Level 7 the soul being righteous and full of light down to zero having no light and the soul being classed as immoral.
• Dark Traits - The darker the soul becomes the more chance the player will have of gaining a random dark trait, which will empower the bosses they challenge.
• Health Points - The player will lose health.
• Light - The fire orb will lose light, which makes it challenging for the player to identify vital symbols scattered around the world(s). These symbols are needed for a time lock at the end of each world.
• Experience Points - The player gains XP leak and will lose XP every 10 seconds equal to the amount of Noorah lost.
• Wealth - Lastly, a player will lose coins from their purse.
The physics platform side of the game delivers some unique elements by excluding classic jump and the control of movement over a character during gameplay. The player will instead have rely on placement, gravity and timing, coupled with a number of upgradable orb abilities to subsequently manoeuvre through the stages.
The platform stages support the card boss battles by enabling the player to achieve tokens, scrolls, health and cards, which are required in order for a player to remain competitive. There is replay functionality built into stages and can be applied by players after learning and upgrading orb abilities to achieve higher leader board scores.
• Noohra (Light that drives back shadow)
• Weight (Affects the way the orb will react to objects)
• Force Push (A push calculated by weight and momentum)
• Shockwave (Pulsates objects away from the orb)
• Shield (Timeously protects you from creatures and traps)CARD BOSS BATTLER
Boss battles are played out through a fast paced magic card system with the focus on both speed and simplicity over other typical card games that can have drawn out turns and complicated management of card decks. The player starts out with a base deck and can then strengthen the deck by collecting a card during each of the platform stages or by unlocking cards using tokens. Once the player engages with darkness during a battle, there is no turning back – the player cannot disengage and leave the battle without first having to pay a penalty. Do not turn your back on the dark.
A set of counters are used for each attack lane to help inflate attack and defence figures – a defensive strategy from the opponent and spells will however decrease or nullify this. A player could cast down a firestorm or tornado to obliterate the enemy’s cards from the playing field and on the other hand, the enemy could play a full health card, which could secure him a solid victory.
Manna strategy is important. If a manna card is not dealt, the player can opt to sacrifice a battle card in the Pool of Bethesda to gain one manna. This position could force the player to strategize and direct a trade-off between either having sufficient manna or adequate battle cards to play.
Players can additionally earn spirit scrolls and strategically string up to 4 scrolls together to enhance their fighting abilities during battles. This works similarly to the dark traits for the enemy, where attack, defence, manna and health are increased by applying various classes of scrolls.
A token management system replaces the typical game inventory and allows the player to make decisions to gain as much game advantage as possible. Tokens can be collected throughout the game and be used to upgrade, trade, unlock and earn additional coins. By using these tokens, additional hero characters can be unlocked from different time periods, each scaling up to provide the player with an increase in base health.
• 2.5D Physics Platformer - Explore beautifully crafted ancient worlds from different time periods.
• Magic Card System - Unique fast-paced magic card boss battles.
• Cards - More than 100 different cards categorized into three varied classes.
• Orb abilities - A number of abilities each with multiple upgrade opportunities.
• Path of Deeper Truths (soul status)
• 7 - Righteous: Acting in an honest and morally exemplary way. (full light)
• 6 - Egotistic: Opinionated, vain and boastful.
• 5 - Self-centred: Concerned solely about one’s own interests and welfare.
• 4 - Pessimistic: Tendency to expect only bad outcomes, gloomy, joyless and unhopeful.
• 3 - Odious: Deserving or causing hatred, hateful and detestable.
• 2 - Belligerent: Warlike and given to waging war.
• 1 - Destructive: Tending to destroy and causing destruction or much damage.
• 0 - Immoral: Bad, wicked and depraved. (no light)
• Dark Traits (Your weakness will empower bosses)
• Spirit Scrolls - Empowers the player during boss fights with 20 scroll types to collect, which are categorized into 3 varied classes.
• Global leader board and one board for each stage.
• Achievements - 25 achievements to unlock.
• Portals and time travel.
• Feast of lighting and shadow - With each defeat, the world will grow a bit darker.
• Token Management - 20 tokens to collect, trade and unlock.
• Hero's - 3 male and female hero sets.
• Player experience points and levelling system.
• Place of Shadow - 20 very challenging set of unlockable boss battles.
• Unlockable treasure caves for a chance to earn big coin rewards.
• Wheels of Fortune mini game to win coins.
• Find various hidden caverns to earn bigger rewards.
• Awesome music track composed by Ian Anderson.