The Prometheus Secret: Noohra is an exciting and unique single player 2.5D physics platformer and CCG combined. The game is currently in development by a solo Indie developer over the past two and a half years. The game contains some elements of puzzle, RPG and a fast paced card boss battler.
The battle between light and darkness plays a huge part in not only in the story but also in the mood and design of the stages. During the game the player finds and wields a fire orb filled with a light known as Noohra. Each death will have multiple consequences for the player, firstly the loss of light where darkness surrounds the player, secondly health loss which is needed during card battles and lastly the leaking of XP every 10 seconds by the amount of Noohra the player has lost.
Light is important as to advance to the next world the player needs to spot and remember a number of tokens scattered throughout various stages to use on the portal time lock. This might not be so easy if your Noohra is low and the tokens are masked in shadow. The token management system replaces a typical inventory and allows the player to make important decisions to gain as much game advantage by upgrading, trading, unlocking and earning coins. Additional player profile characters can be unlocked from different time periods, each scaling up to provide more base health for the player.
The physics platform side of the game delivers some unique elements by doing away with the typical jump and physical player control over the fire orb during gameplay. The player instead relies on placement, weight, gravity and timing coupled with the orb's three abilities to maneuver through stages and reaching the portal. The platform stages support the CCG element by allowing the player to achieve tokens, health and cards which are needed if the player wants to be competitive during the card boss battles. Players will find themselves playing the platform stages many times over especially after orb ability upgrades to find unique ways of moving around the stage and beating the high score.
Boss battles are played out through the magic card system, the focus is on fast battle and simplicity and there is therefore no complicated management of card decks. Uniquely if the player does not have manna cards dealt in their hand they can decide to sacrifice a playing card in the Pool of Bethesda. This forces the player to tradeoff between having enough manna versus having adequate cards to play. One additional card can be collected on each platform stage to strengthen your deck, although the challenge will be reaching some of them. The player can additionally earn battle scrolls and strategically string up to 4 scrolls together to enhance their fighting ability during battles.
• Various ancient worlds from different time periods, incorporating physics platform and puzzle challenges.
• Challenging boss fights using a fast paced card battle system.
• More than a hundred cards to collect, unlock and wield.
• 3 Orb abilities with multiple upgrades each.
○ Force Push
• 2 Orb properties
• Feast of lighting and shadow set in an atmospheric 2.5D perspective.
• Token reward and management system.
• Battle scroll enhancements to strategically aid in card battles.
• Multiple unlockable player profile characters, each increasing in base health.
• Player experience points and levelling system.
• Place of Shadow, unlockable secret boss battles.
• Unlockable treasure caves for a chance to earn some big coin rewards.
• Wheels of Fortune mini game to win coins and aid your progress.
• Various hidden caverns throughout stages.
• Intriguing story destroying the deception of darkness and releasing the truth of the light.
• Awesome music track.