It is an asset for Unity 3D that will help you to rename a bunch of files, and sort them by name without messing up the entire Hierarchy.
How to use it:
- Download the asset (link on the bottom of the page)
- Import the package to your Unity project
- Select the items that you want to rename, can be inside the project folder or in the Hierarchy
- Select Window/ File Rename/ Open
- Choose the new name, if you want to make it sequential and the type of space between name and number
- Choose “Rename Hierarchy Files” to rename files selected in the Hierarchy. Or select “Rename Project Files” to rename files inside the Project folder
- Select “ Sort Selected” to sort the files by name
Available for download on Unity Asset Store.