Now on the AssetStore!
We just released a large feature update with great new capabilities like Particle System support, Voronoi Simulation, Emissive Light simulation, 10x to 20x DynamicUV perf improvement on heavy meshes, large Simulation performance improvements, Support for Unity 2018, and more!
Due to issues with inconsistent Compute Shader features/stability, we can not actively support Mac and Linux use. We are happy to try to work out any issues you may find, but we cant guarantee the compatibility of the tool the same way we can for Windows. We apologize for this and hope we can endorse those platforms once Compute Shaders + Unity are more stable on them.
Quickly paint in 2D & 3D in existing textures, or create your own!
Also, bake advanced texture simulations like raytraced Ambient Occlusion and Mesh Thickness!
We designed EditorPaint for:
* Users who want integrated access to advanced features like AO baking and 3D painting, or need to quickly edit a 2D texture. * Users who may not know how to use the bigger software packages but still need a solution for custom texturing.
* Users who can't afford to pay big software prices but still want some of the big software features.
3D Mesh Painting:
- Easy mesh painting - Paint directly on meshes or prefabs in the EditorPaint window with no special mesh setup.
- Uses your Scene lighting - Paint textures while seeing them lit by your Scene lighting and Scene reflections so you know exactly how they will look.
- Multiple meshes together - Paint in the context of each object's position in the scene or prefab.
- Advanced painting tech - DynamicUV is our custom 3D painting tech that allows consistent world brush size regardless of UV layout, distortion, or scale while painting on a Mesh.
- Custom Shader support - Supports using any Shader file in your project that has a 2D texture slot. Preview your work using YOUR shaders, not just the Standard shader!
- Animated Materials - See your painting results live while your material updates with every brush stroke you take. See Flow maps animate water and Sci-fi materials glow, all while you paint!
- 3D Simulations - Bake without needing external tools. Bake Ambient Occlusion, Mesh Thickness, Emissive Light, Voronoi, 3D noise, Directional gradients, Positional Gradients, 3D grids, and more.
2D Texture Painting:
- Uncompressed Imports - EditorPaint loads textures fully uncompressed from disc instead of the Unity compressed runtime data. (no generation loss!)
- Large Texture size support - Paint in the 2D window on textures as large as 8k x 8k in our highly optimized pipeline.
- Create Normal Maps – Generate/Modify normal maps for your objects using the Normal Map Action, or paint your own.
- Image Actions - Adjust levels, hue, saturation, invert colors/alpha; apply blur, 2D noise, color gradients, channel effects; and bleed colors outside of UV space, rotate, scale, tile, etc.
- Particle System Support – Import your particle systems and paint on their 2d textures while you see them simulate.
- Create Custom Actions – Create your own Texture Shader Actions you can use in the EditorPaint window, then share them with your team or the community!
- No messy scripts in your scene! - Everything works from within the EditorPaint window. Meshes and textures can simply be dragged in from the Scene or the Project window.
- Linear & Gamma - Full support for both Linear and Gamma render pipelines.
- Custom Brushes - Paint with your own Brush Textures or use the built in procedural brush settings.
- Layers - Use an unlimited number of Layers to organize your work or to create powerful effects.
- Multi-material - Support for objects with multiple material slots on a single mesh.
- Quick texture actions - Use the Project window right-click menus to invert color, invert alpha, rotate, or flip textures .
- Flow map brush - The Flow map brush allows you to paint Vector maps for Flow map and Combed normal map materials.
- No Generation loss - We natively access your textures to edit and save preventing generation loss caused by accessing Unity runtime compressed textures.
- Resize Textures - Fully customizable Canvas resolution and Layer resolution, per object, per layer type.
- Texture Formats - Save textures with or without alpha channels, as png, tga, gif, jpg, bmp, tif, gif.
- Blend modes - Brushes and Layers both support multiple blend modes. (normal, additive, multiply, overlay, and screen)
- Save your progress - Save/load paint projects with full layer information to continue your work later.
- Undo/Redo - Easily fix mistakes or iterate on designs.
- View modes - Lit & Unlit shading, 2D UV overlay, 2D grid, and sky dome toggle.
- Full channel support - Paint RGB or Alpha channels.
- Optimized to work great on both fast and slow computers.