Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The NEON CHALLENGE (the “Contest”) is organized by Unity Technologies ApS, identified in more detail in Provision 11 herein (the “Sponsor” or “Unity”).
1) DURATION. The Contest begins at 12:01am PST Friday, December 1, 2017 (the “Start Date”) and ends at 11:59PM PST on Monday, January 15, 2018 (the “Deadline”).
2) ENTRY. At Unite Austin we unveiled Neon, a real-time environment scene. It was composed of models from the Unity Asset Store and powerful artist-friendly tools such as Cinemachine, Timeline, and Unity’s Post Processing Stack. This scene illustrates the power of Unity and the Asset Store for rapid visual prototyping, showing how teams and individual creators across the globe can turn their ideas into real scenes in the span of days rather than weeks. Now we want to see what our talented community of creators is capable of- we’re challenging creators to think of a new world on Earth or even in the farthest reaches of space. Imagine a futuristic society with untold technological advances, and the environment and inhabitants they may hold. Let your creativity run wild.
A) Steps. To create an entry, you must:
i) Create a profile on Unity Connect and complete it to a minimum of 80% completion
ii) Create a Unity “Project” which shall consist of the following deliverables:
• One (1) completed game environment created in Unity 2017.1, Unity 2017.2, or Unity 2017.3 which utilizes the Unity Asset Store (i.e. models, tools, animations, sounds, etc.) and uses Cinemachine, Timeline, and the Post-Processing Stack v2.
• One (1) ‘making of’ Unity Connect Submission with a callout sheet which will include:
- One (1) embedded final scene video shown at a minimum of 1080p resolution uploaded to a public video platform.
- An overview of your entire creation process including: introduction to your team, scene conceptualization, production process, and post-production.
- Work-in-progress screenshots highlighting all custom created assets as well as any assets from the Asset Store.
- An explanation of how the Unity Asset Store, Cinemachine, Timeline, and the Post-Processing Stack were used in your scene.
iii) Submit the Project at http://connect.unity.com/challenges/neon
• Add Project Description.
• Upload as many showcase items that you feel best displays your project. We support Images, Videos, Sketchfab, etc.
• Add to submission article details of your entire production process including the final video, callout-sheet, work-in-progress art. Include explanations of how Cinemachine, Timeline, Post-Processing Stack, and any assets from the Unity Asset Store were used in the scene.
• Add tags, tag all uploaded content with #NeonChallenge
• Add and attribute any contributors who helped you along the way.
• Remember to share your submission on social media. The (3) community awards ($1,000 each) are determined by the most likes on your project
B) Technical Restrictions.
i) You must have access to Unity Connect and a Unity Connect profile.
ii) You must utilize Unity Software in the creation of the Project.
iii) You must utilize Cinemachine, Timeline, and the Post-Processing Stack
iv) The Project cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
i) The Project must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
ii) The Project must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
iii) The Project must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those of the Unity Connect Universe;
iv) The Project must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
v) The Project must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
vi) The Project must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Project is created.
D) Projects that comply with the Sections 2A, 2B, and 2C will be referred to as an “Entry” or “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
A) Eligible. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
i) Be an individual or group of individuals;
ii) All be at least 18 years of age;
iii) All have: an active Unity Connect account(80% completed profile), Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer;
iv) Not have won a prize from Unity within the last twelve (12) months; and
v) this Contest is open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria due U.S. Export regulations and residents of Quebec, Canada; Brazil; and Italy. Canadian residents may be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
B) Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
A) Determination of Winning Entries. The winning entries will be determined as follows:
i) For the Purposes of Prizes listed in 5a, 5b, and 5d below, Eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges according to the criteria set forth below, and whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
• They shall award each Entry a number of points based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-50 points for adherence to the Mission; 0-25 points for explanation of tool’s value via video; 0-25 for creativity.
• The Entry with the highest score shall be awarded the prize described in Section 5a herein and be a Winner;
• The second two highest scoring Entries will be the Second and Third place winners and be awarded the prize described in Section 5b herein and each be a Winner;
• Entries which stand out for excellence in the use of a Unity tool (Post Processing, Volumetric Fog, creative use of Asset Store, etc), at the sole discretion of the judges, shall be Honorable Mention Winners and be awarded the prize described in Section 5(d) herein and be a Winner;For the purposes of Prizes listed in 5c below, Eligible Entries will be determined based on likes received by such submission from Unity Connect users.
ii) In the unlikely event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score in the Innovation category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Grand Prize Winner or Winner.
B) Odds of Winning. ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED
C) Notification to Winners. The Winner will be contacted via the email submitted with their Unity Connect Profile and may be announced at Unity’s discretion via Unity’s Twitter, Facebook, Blog, or Website, or in person verbally, such as on stage during Vision Summit keynote or other Unity event.
D) Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
5) PRIZES. To be clear, Prizes defined below are awarded per winning Entry. The grand prize and second prize categories are selected by a group of judges. The community awards will be selected by the community based on the number of likes on the submitted project. The total prize package of all prizes is $31,650
A) One (1) grand prize winner selected by judges (estimated retail value of $20,400 USD )
ii) One ticket to Unite EU or Unite US in 2018 ($400 USD)
B) Two (2) second prize winners selected by judges (estimated retail value of $3,400 USD)
ii) One ticket to Unite EU or Unite US in 2018 ($400 USD)
C) Three (3) Community Award Winners selected by the community (estimated retail value of $3,450)
ii) Unity swag bundle ($150)
D) Five (5) Honorable Mentions Winners selected by judges (estimated retail value of $1,000)
i) $200 Asset Store vouchers
E) Estimated Total Prize Package Value: $31,650 USD
F) Winners will be contacted within thirty (30) days of the Deadline via the email address from which they emailed submitted the entry. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond as directed within two (2) days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
G) The prizes will be awarded to the Winners within a commercially reasonable time frame. Receipt and use of the prizes will require a personal computer, email, and the internet. All prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions of the prizes for cash or other goods and services are permitted by the Winners. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value for any reason.
H) All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
I) Winners may have their Entries and names posted on all Unity media channels, including, without limitation, within Unity’s Website (https://unity3d.com), Unity’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/unity3d/), Unity’s Twitter page (https://twitter.com/unity3d?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor), and the Unity Blog (https://blogs.unity3d.com/). Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Winners hereby give Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, and Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prize, the Contest, or Unity, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, Unity or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to such Winners other than that set out herein.
J) Winners may be required to complete and sign a non-disclosure agreement, an affidavit of eligibility and, except where prohibited, liability/publicity release or variations thereupon, in the form provided by Sponsor, in order to claim prizes.
K) Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
A) You represent and warrant that your entry is:
i) Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
ii) Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an entry.
i) Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by email; and
ii) Sign any requested documentation set forth in Provision 5 herein including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that you are a Winner.
C) You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
D) Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California.
E) Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability; any incorrect or inaccurate account information; any incorrect or inaccurate achievement information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, accounts.
F) False, fraudulent or deceptive acts shall render you ineligible.
G) Players found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
H) If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate your eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other Contest run by Sponsor.
I) In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper participation in the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select Winners from participants’ accounts that can be determined by Sponsor to have not been compromised.
J) All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
A) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:
i) By entering this contest, you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory; and
ii) You release the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
B) You acknowledge that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
B) By entering this Contest, you agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as a potential Winner and for prize delivery.
C) If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise their right to access and modify the personal information about them stored by Sponsor by writing to email@example.com, and detailing their request.
9) WINNERS LIST. A list of Winners will be posted on the Unity Blog no later than 2 weeks after the Deadline. A list of Winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Unity Technologies SF, ATTN: Connect Team, Løvstræde 5, DK-1150 Copenhagen K, Denmark. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
10) SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
11) SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Unity Technologies APS, a Danish corporation having its principal place of business at Løvstræde 5, DK-1150 Copenhagen K, Denmark, on behalf of itself and its Affiliates. As used herein, the term “Affiliates” shall mean an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Unity Technologies ApS.
© 2017 Unity Technologies. Unity Technologies ApS, Unity Technologies, Unity and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies ApS or its Affiliates. All rights reserved.